Interlocked Sequence of Operations
Interlocked Safe Sequence of Operations
Interlocking loading dock equipment into a sequence of operations helps ensure safety protocols and processes are followed by dock workers and material handling personnel. Whether interlocked by way of Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System or Dok-Commander® Combined Control Panel, the sequence can be customized based off a facility’s existing equipment and operating procedures.
Custom Safe Sequence of Operations
Dok-Commander® is programmable to provide safe, sequential operation in a custom sequence to help optimize safety at the loading dock or the following sequences to best fit your application:
- Door Protection Sequence helps protects overhead doors and employees
- Best Practice Sequence helps secure trailers and protect employees
- Supply Chain Integrity allows controls to interface, helping keep the supply chain safe
Immediately or Incrementally Optimize Light Communication
Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System allows facilities to address their most urgent safety needs first but reserving the opportunity to integrate loading dock safety solutions at a fraction of the cost compared to standalone equipment purchases. Optimize the system with:
- Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraints
- Line-of-Sight Light Communication
Dok-Commander® Combined Controls
Dok-Commander® Combined Control Panel integrates multiple loading dock control components at each dock position for a total dock safety system, including: Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraints, dock levelers, dock doors and Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control. The control panel’s flexible circuitry meets changing needs with easily updatable components and add-ons, such as incorporating Lok-Vu™ at time of purchase or later when budget allows.Learn More
Know Your Risks at the Loading Dock
With over 100,000 forklift crossings per leveler annually, dangerous loading dock accidents can occur in many ways. When paired with Dok-Loks®, Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control helps prevent costly hazards, such as:
- Traditional Trailer Separation Accidents
- Forklifts Running off the Edge of Dock
- Pedestrian and Forklift Collisions
- Trailer Backover Accidents in the Drive Approach
Smart, Connected Loading Dock Equipment
Smart, connected loading dock equipment helps facilities:
- Increase loading dock productivity when paired with sensors and alerts noting when a truck arrives, when equipment is operated, fault mode occurs and more.
- Track loading and unloading activities to identify unnecessary downtime between events.
- Alert dock attendants which docks are nearing detention and demurrage.
Controls can interlock Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraints, Hydraulic Dock Levelers, Loading Dock Safety Barriers, Dock Lights, Dock Fans and Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control into the following sequences:
- Supply Chain Integrity – allows controls to interface to help keep the supply chain safe in the following steps: 1. Verify trailer is at dock door to 2. engage Dok-Lok™. 3. Green light on inside control box will reflect safe engagement. 4. Open overhead door and 5. raise leveler into operational position. Proceed to 6. load and unload, once completed, 7. position leveler to store. 8. Close overhead door and 9. disengage Dok-Lok. 10. Red light on inside control box will reflect an unsecured trailer.
- Best Practice Sequence – helps secure trailers and protect employees in the following steps: 1. Open overhead door and 2. verify trailer is at the dock door. Once verified, 3. engage Dok-Lok. 4. Green light on inside control box will reflect safe engagement. 5. Raise leveler into operational position and proceed to 6. load and unload. Once complete, 7. position leveler to store and 8. disengage Dok-Lok. 9. The inside control box will now be red to reflect an unsecured trailer. 10. Close overhead door.
- Door Protection Sequence – helps protect overhead doors and employees by requiring door to be opened in order to operate leveler.
- Custom Sequence – available through working with Rite-Hite representative.
- Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System – The NEMA 4X rated user interface with membrane switch buttons system allows for full integration of additional and future loading dock equipment. When interlocked in a safe sequence of operations, the controls help to ensure safety protocols and processes are followed.
- One Simple, Centralized Control Panel – Dok-Commander® Combination Control Panel integrates multiple pieces of loading dock equipment, such as: vehicle restraints, dock levelers, overhead doors, dock lights, dock fans and Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control. The Dok-Commander is compatible with most competitive hydraulic levelers.
- Reduce Processes on Drive Approach – When the Dok-Commander® is combined with Lok-Vu™, a single or dual camera outside view is displayed on the interior Dok-Commander® panel. The system helps to confirm when a trailer is present and properly secured as well as verify trailer stand presence, eliminating the need for workers to step outside on the dangerous drive approach.
- Dok-Lok® Status for Forklifts Entering and Exiting Trailer – System actively communicates Dok-Lok® status to material handlers entering and exiting the trailer via communication controls mounted to the left of the dock door opening.
- Withstand Harsh Loading Dock Environment – NEMA 4X controls offer a superior level of protection from corrosion and extreme loading environments, such as: windblown dust and rain, splashing water, and more. The flexible circuitry meets changing needs with easily updatable components and add-on features. Exterior lights are UL listed and designed with energy saving LED bulbs.
- Reduce Human Error with Safe Sequence of Operations – Programmable to provide safe, custom sequential operation to help optimize safety at the loading dock or sequences to best fit your application: Door Protection, Best Practice or Supply Chain Integrity. Safe Sequence of Operation helps ensure equipment is properly operated to protect employees, equipment and products by reducing human error and equipment faults.
- Physically Enhance Building Security – Dok-Lok® vehicle restraints help physically enhance security when the control package is linked with an active building security system. If an engaged restraint is tampered with, the building security system is notified and facility protocol is followed.
- Help Prevent Forklift Accidents at the Dock – With over 7,000 annual forklift accidents involving a forklift running off the edge of dock, Light Communication Systems actively communicate restraint status to material handlers before they enter and exit trailers.
- Help Prevent Trailer Separation Accidents – Light Communication Systems help prevent trailer early departure by clearly informing dock personnel when they can safely enter or exit a trailer and inform truck drivers when it’s safe to depart.
- Line-of-Sight Light Communication – Compatible with Loading Dock Controls, Corner-Vu™ and Leveler-Vu™ provide immediate line-of-sight Dok-Lok® status to material handlers entering and exiting the trailer, helping reduce unnecessary forklift traffic and miscommunication by clearly indicating green (safe to enter) and red (unsafe to enter). The enhanced visual communication system mitigates the risk of control box obstruction from pallets, personnel, and forklifts
Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication and Dok-Commander® Systems offer enhanced communication between dock personnel inside the building and truck drivers outside of the building with inside controls, outside communication lights and interior/exterior instructional signs. The controls facilitate the ability to immediately or incrementally incorporate any Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control component, allowing facilities to:
- Incorporate line of sight light communication system status with Corner-Vu™ and Leveler-Vu™
- Extend Blue Light Policy to help prevent 80,000 annual forklift-pedestrian accidents by extending reaction time with Pedestrian-Vu™
- Help prevent 2nd leading cause of backover fatalities in the United States with Approach-Vu™, which utilizes a light and horn system to present a clear visual and audible warning to pedestrians in the drive approach when a backing vehicle is detected.
- Verify Dok-Lok engagement and trailer stand presence via outside camera and inside monitor with Lok-Vu™, reducing the amount of processes on the dangerous drive approach.
All components are available as standalone or incorporated with Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System or Dok-Commander Combined Controls, which offers more flexibility, facilitating the greatest long-term yield per dock position. The systems allow facilities to address their most urgent safety needs first but reserving the opportunity to integrate vehicle restraints and other safety solutions at a fraction of the cost compared to standalone equipment purchases.
- Monitor real-time loading dock status. Optional Dok-Lok Dock Timer digitally displays total engagement time at each position to help dock attendants prioritize loads and avoid costly detention and demurrage charges.
- Leverage loading dock analytics with current and historical Dok-Lok efficiency and utilization data to identify areas of operational improvement through robust reporting and intuitive dashboards.
- Receive trending productivity alerts and review correct actions / next steps.
- Study and understand safety challenges, frequency trends and root cause with diagnostic analytics to proactively influence employee behavior.
- Interactive Safety Assessment Tool helps place priority on specific safety events.
- 12-Month Limited Money-Back Guarantee of Customer Satisfaction
- Standard Warranty includes 1 year parts / 1 year labor
- Rite-Hite® Extended Warranty includes up to 5 year parts / 5 year labor and smart, connected capabilities
Need more info?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
Thank you for filling in the form.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.