MWL-1300 Manual Wheel-Lok™ Restraint
MWL-1300 Manual Wheel-Lok Restraint
Rite-Hite’s MWL-1300 Manual Wheel-Lok™ is a surface mounted manual vehicle restraint designed to secure the widest variety of trailer types, including liftgates and trailers with or without rear-impact guards (RIGs). Ergonomically positioned with minimal force, the MWL-1300 offers a wide engagement range with optional security latch that helps prevent premature manual disengagement during active loading.
Help Prevent 2nd Leading Cause of Backover Fatalities
Approach-Vu™ utilizes a light and horn system to present a clear visual and audible warning to pedestrians in the drive approach when a backing vehicle is detected. Available embedded in the housing of the vehicle restraint or as standalone, depending on Dok-Lok type.Help Save Lives Today
Manual vs. Automatic Vehicle Restraints
Overall, the smartest vehicle restraint is the one that best fits your application needs. Whether manual or automatic, it is important that your choice:
- Maintains constant communication inside and out
- Facilitates additional safety solutions
- Helps keep your loading dock efficient and safe
Dok-Lok v. Wheel Chocks
While portable and seemingly cost-efficient, wheel chocks often slip, get misplaced, stolen or crushed, and are hindered by weather conditions. They also require physical placement by employees – which means your people are placed in harm’s way on the drive approach. Most importantly, simple wheel chocks do not offer communication between dock workers and truck drivers, increasing the potential for hazardous premature departure and other separation accidents.Make the Smarter Choice
Know Your Risks at the Loading Dock
With over 100,000 forklift crossings per leveler annually, dangerous loading dock separation accidents can occur in many different ways. Dok-Loks help prevent these costly hazards, such as:
- Trailer Creep (Dock Walk)
- Early Departure
- Trailer Pop-Up or Up-Ending
- Landing Gear Collapse
Importance of Communication at the Loading Dock
Clear, concise communication sets the stage for safety and productivity. Incorporating lights along with audible and visual alarms can have an immediate, positive impact at the loading dock. From red and green lights which inform dock personnel when they can safely proceed with loading activities to audible and visual alarms that notify personnel when they need to vacate the drive approach, Rite-Hite offers solutions for a safer, more productive facility!Learn More Now!
Integrating a Dok-Lok® Dock Timer at your facility will help:
- Improve loading efficiencies by increasing capacity and trailer throughput.
- Prioritize material handling needs based off displayed time.
- Better control costly detention and demurrage costs.
- Intuitively track loading process, starting at trailer presence if sensor present at dock position.
- Make data-informed decisions based on real-time events and historical trends with smart, connected capabilities.
- Optimize existing Dok-Lok® vehicle restraint.
Smart, Connected Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraints
Smart, connected vehicle restraints help facilities:
- Increase loading dock productivity when paired with sensors and alerts noting when a truck arrives, when restraint is engaged/disengaged, fault mode occurs and more
- Track loading and unloading activities to identify unnecessary downtime between events
- Alert dock attendants which docks are nearing detention and demurrage
- Ergonomically Secure Widest Variety of Trailers – Superior-strength 19” high steel locking arm helps secure trailers with a 30-44” tire diameter. Restraint is positioned manually with minimal force for ergonomic operation. Optional carriage positioning handle helps to increase ergonomics when manually positioning the barrier into place.
- Wide Engagement Range – Engagement range extends from 43” to 145” from the back of the trailer to the front of the rear-most tire to help mitigate fulcrum point on the trailer.
- On-Center Trailer Positioning – Optional wheel guides ensure on-center trailer positioning to enhance dock sealing effectiveness. Dock seals effectively minimize gaps around the trailer to help achieve maximum environmental control for lower energy cost and product quality support.
- Integrity of Installation – Completed dock survey required for each dock position to help ensure safe and proper application of all Dok-Loks. Critical to the safety of material handlers and equipment utilizing the equipment, the surveys are reviewed by expert Applications team if outside of standard dock configuration.
- Pull-Out Force Benchmarks – Rite-Hite was the first loading dock equipment manufacturer to establish pull-out force benchmarks based on years of research and development. Followed today by many other manufacturers, MWL-1300 is installed with mounting force in excess of 100,000 lbs. and 32,000 lbs. of pull-out force, doubling what tractors can achieve when in first gear.
- Withstand Harsh Loading Dock Environment – Reliable, low maintenance structural and formed steel design performs in all weather conditions. Snow/Slush options available for operation in snow. All surface-mounted wheel-based restraints are zinc-metalized and painted for corrosion resistance at the loading dock.
- Cargo Theft Deterrent – Optional security latch is engaged ensuring the barrier cannot be manually removed during loading/unloading or trailer staged at dock position. Security latch also serves as a cargo theft deterrent.
- Communication and Control – Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication communicates via interior lights when trailer is properly engaged, thus safe for material handlers to enter. “Loading Operation Complete” button communicates to driver it is safe to manually disengage locking arm.
- Help Prevent Backover Fatalities – Optional Approach-Vu™ presents a clear audible and visual warning to pedestrians manually placing the arm of the MWL-1300 in the drive approach when a backing vehicle is detected.
- Help Prevent Trailer Separation Accidents – MWL-1300 helps to prevent early departure and trailer creep, while a trailer stand can assist with landing gear collapse and trailer upending.
- Certified to meet and exceed ANSI MH30.3 performance testing standards.
Rite-Hite Communication and Control allows facilities to:
- Integrate additional/future equipment and interlocked sequence of operations with Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System.
- Incorporate line of sight light communication system status with Corner-Vu™ and Leveler-Vu™.
- Extend Blue Light Policy to help prevent 80,000 annual forklift-pedestrian accidents by extending reaction time with Pedestrian-Vu™.
- Help prevent 2nd leading cause of backover fatalities in the United States with Approach-Vu™, which utilizes a light and horn system to present a clear visual and audible warning to pedestrians in the drive approach when a backing vehicle is detected.
- Verify Dok-Lok engagement and trailer stand presence via outside camera and inside monitor with Lok-Vu™, reducing the amount of processes on the dangerous drive approach.
- Integrate multiple loading dock control components at each dock position for a total dock safety system with Dok-Commander® Combined Controls.
All components are available as standalone or incorporated with Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System. The Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System offers more flexibility, facilitating the greatest long-term yield per dock position. The system allows facilities to address their most urgent safety needs first but reserving the opportunity to integrate vehicle restraints and other safety solutions at a fraction of the cost compared to standalone equipment purchases.
- Monitor real-time loading dock status. Optional Dok-Lok Dock Timer digitally displays total engagement time at each position to help dock attendants prioritize loads and avoid costly detention and demurrage charges.
- Leverage loading dock analytics with current and historical Dok-Lok efficiency and utilization data to identify areas of operational improvement through robust reporting and intuitive dashboards.
- Receive trending productivity alerts and review correct actions / next steps.
- Study and understand safety challenges, frequency trends and root cause with diagnostic analytics to proactively influence employee behavior.
- Interactive Safety Assessment Tool helps place priority on specific safety events.
- 12-Month Limited Money-Back Guarantee of Customer Satisfaction
- Standard Warranty includes 1 year parts / 1 year labor
- Rite-Hite® Extended Warranty includes 2 year parts / 1 year labor and smart, connected capabilities
Need more info?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
Thank you for filling in the form.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.